Introduction

This is for all you excel lovers. I am starting this blog to help thousands of people who wish to know excel indepth. I always faced this challenge when I started excel reporting 7 years back. Today I head the MIS Reporting Team for a Multinational company. All this in 7 yrs. Imagine I did not know anything of excel 7 yrs back .....Its been a long journey....I want to share my learnings with everyone.Also I want to help others to learn excel and help them excel in life.This blog is aplatform for us to meet and help each other

Monday, December 15, 2008

RECAP FOR BEGINNERS

Thank you everyone for your feedback and ideas. I understand that each the average level of understanding of excel for users is beginners. I am doing a recap of whats done so far and in case have any questions put in your comments or mail me at vmani32@yahoo.co.in
  • The best way to learn excel is to open a spreadsheet and do all sorts of experiments
  • Opening a spreadsheet is simple Start-->Run-->Excel {Enter}
  • Spreadsheet generally opens with 3 sheets (TABS). This can be changed in options
  • Depending on the version of excel the number of rows and columns will vary.
  • What you see in the sheet are tiny cells which can be formatted to your need and desire
  • This gives extensive flexibility to excel and one can present reports in varied formats
  • Excel also gives you the flexibility of store huge amount of data. However the file size gets huge and you need a good RAM to work
  • You can learn the tricks of formatting from the previous posts by referring to the dummy report at this link https://www.yousendit.com/download/TTZtYnU4NDI5NVZMWEE9PQ
  • This report will help a lot
  • Excel reportin g is one of the best forms of reporting available which is cheap and does not invlove any major training
  • Other systems like SQL, Access, Oracle etc need a lot of technical training. In future I will give you some hints on SQL. May be I can circulate some ebooks
  • From the next post I will start sharing one formula every two days
  • Please read all the previous posts carefully before going into formulae

1 comment:

Excel Buddy said...

I found a great resource for international students to learn excel online. Please try businesscomputerskills.com for affordable microsoft online training classes.